Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Goodwin Hotel Closing!!!

This morning I got a few calls from fellow photographer friends, especially ones in the Hartford area, about the Goodwin closing. It was announced on Tuesday that the Goodwin will close it's doors at the end of the year. I'm hearing that any weddings booked there for next year will have their deposit returned to them. As many of you know, I have a relationship with the Goodwin. I have called my contact there to get some more information. I left a message. For the details on what's going on see this article.

It was a bit of a shocker for my friends and for myself to hear about the closing. The Goodwin is an iconic boutique hotel in Hartford. Especially being so close to the XL Center. The last time I was at the Goodwin, Kid Rock and Lynyrd Skynyrd were staying there during the Hartford stop of their tour. I just had my RE:WORKSHOP there!

So in memory of the Goodwin, here are a few memories.














2 comments:

  1. bummer! this is the first I've heard of it. That's a shame. Such a beautiful location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never even got to shoot there---what happens if you have an event booked, I wonder? YIKES!!!

    ReplyDelete